Mission Project – Lutheran School Association, Decatur, Illinois
The LSA LIONS
The Lutheran School Association of Decatur, Illinois – officially known as the LSA – was formed by six Lutheran Church – Missouri Synod congregations in 1959, including: Concordia, Mt. Calvary, Our Redeemer, St. John’s, St. Paul’s, and Trinity. Initially, grades Kindergarten – 4th were taught at St. John’s Lutheran Church, and grades 5th – 8th were taught at St. Paul’s Lutheran Church.
In 1998 these two schools were combined, and moved to the newly purchased Kemper Insurance Building on East Mound Road in Decatur – the current location of the LSA. The LSA took a major step forward in its’ mission of providing Christian education, when it launched the LSA High School in the year 2000. In 2004 a state of the art gymnasium was added to the LSA’s facilities.
The Mission of the LSA is: “The Lutheran School Association delivers excellence in Christ-centered education to meet the spiritual, academic, and social needs of its’ students.”
To find out more about the Lutheran School Association of Decatur, and how you can participate in its’ mission of providing ‘Excellence In Christ-Centered Education’ please click on the button below.